Selenium 101 introduces you to the Selenium automation API for testing web applications on desktop browsers.
- Learn the basics of writing Selenium scripts in Java, including locating elements, interacting with them, and using assertions
- Run your first test locally, and then on Sauce, and learn how to set up your tests to report results to Sauce Labs
- Use a testing framework to facilitate your test script development
- Leverage best practices for test design, and tips for getting the most out of your Sauce Labs testing experience
Our instructor-led classes are focused on getting you up to speed quickly. Our classes are small and interactive, with a combination of lecture, demos, and hands-on exercises. We currently use Eclipse and Java during our course to write test scripts.
Learning Objectives: This course enables you to:
- Understand how Sauce Labs fits into the CI/CD Life Cycle
- Understand what Selenium is and how it is used with Sauce Labs
- Use the Sauce Labs UI
- Understand how Selenium works
- Understand the basic components of a Selenium test script
- Run a Selenium test script locally
- Use different page actions in a Selenium test script
- Run a Selenium test script on Sauce Labs
- Understand the use of testing frameworks
- Understand the use of asserts
- Use a framework to record test results in Sauce Labs
- Understand testing strategies for setting up automated testing
- Label, name, and tag your tests to faciliate searching for past tests on Sauce Labs
Important: Create Sauce Labs account here, if you don’t already have one.
- Basic knowledge of Java syntax
- Basic understanding of using the Eclipse IDE